Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Jim Halterman's interview with Kevin Williamson

A big thank you to Jim Halterman for doing this awesome interview with Kevin Williamson (Executive Producer of The Vampire Diaries) and they talk a lot about Tyler, Caroline, and much more about this season of The Vampire Diaries.

"JH: I got at least half a dozen emails about it. I hadn’t thought about it but it did make me wonder about having some gay characters and storylines pop up on the show. What are your plans for any of that including Tyler and Jeremy.
KW: Well, certainly not with those two characters, I’m sad to say so we’ll just have to dream about that. If I bring on a gay character onto our show…I’m really not interested in a coming out storyline because I’ve done it [on Dawson’s Creek with Kerr Smith’s Jack character]. A coming out storyline doesn’t really excite me. Bringing a gay character to me would be incredibly exciting but I just want to do it right and I want to do it when it feels good and not force it and bring them on just to have a gay character. I want something I can really dive into and relish. We have Caroline’s Dad in the wings. He is set up to be gay and in a relationship with another man and that’s really all we know about Caroline’s Dad. He is a founding family member so I do envision a day when he comes onto the scene and wreaks havoc.

JH: So no Jyler but since Jeremy and Tyler have always been frenemies thus far is that where they’re going to stay or is it going to go more one way or another?
KW: They’re certainly bonded with so much backstory like Vicki and now the werewolf stuff and their founding families but I think it’s going to take a lot for them to really trust each other especially now that Tyler is a full-blown werewolf and he’s about to transform at the next full moon." Read the rest of the interview here
Source: Jim Halterman

1 comment:

  1. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete