Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kevin Williamson talks about Diversity and Steven R Mcqueen Discuses where Jeremy stands at this point.

Kevin Williamson discusses his need to have a gay character brought to mystic falls and how he wants it to be right! Such an amazing article. Thank you Kevin Williamson.
A little quote form the article that I love.
"Williamson also won't force a character to be gay when they need to be something else for the show. He's writing a few guest star parts now that won't work as gay characters. "There's plenty of characters coming but the couple of regular characters that we're bringing in are female, so I guess they could be lesbians but we're bringing them in for love interests. Once the wheels are in motion, it's hard just to add something simply because you want to do it."

But he really wants to—and not just Williamson. All of the Vampire Diaries want to have a gay character. "You do know my writing staff is just a mixture of gay or gay friendly. We all just sit around and talk about Glee and why don't we have a gay character. All we do is talk about it and we're trying to figure it out. And I've done it. I want to do something new. Teenagers is my big deal, GLSEN. They're my passion. It's something I'm passionate about. I've just got to figure out how to do it. How do I do it and be original. I want it to be a good story. As soon as we can, we will. Also I think when we bring in more characters, if it fits the story, we'll do it."
Source





Steven R McQueen and Kevin Williamson interview with MTV Hollywood Crush






Source: MTV Hollywood crush , SYFY Diversity Article.

No comments:

Post a Comment