Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NY Post interviews Chris Colfer of Glee

New York Post interviews Chris Colfer who talks a lot about his character, comparisons to Lea Michele, and much more. Chris Colfer is truly an inspiration and a brilliant actor. Make sure to tune into tonight's all new episode of Glee "Special Education"
"PW: A lot of Kurt's drama this year has been a result of bullying, as someone who has very vocally talked about their own experiences with that growing up, how important was tackling this to you?
Chris: Oh, very. It’s interesting that this issue had never been brought up before since it’s an issue that’s been around since the 50’s. It’s kind of unreal that we’re only talking about it now. For me, it’s all about bringing truth to the work and even though Kurt was the victim, I didn’t want him to be so victimized by Karofsky. It’s a terrible situation but I’m glad we’re talking about it.

PW: Karofsky's return to McKinley saw Kurt defect to Dalton Academy, what was your first thought when Ryan Murphy laid that out for you?
Chris: I was terrified that he was writing me off the show [laughs] “Oh god, am I really that bad? Sorry! I can improve, swear!” No, but I really love it. I love exploring another tolerant world and am happy that Kurt found acceptance somewhere. It kinda goes to show that if the world you live in doesn’t make sense, find one that does. But I really hope McKinley becomes more accepting so he can come back.

PW: Now Kurt is with The Warblers, who performed that incredible rendition of "Teenage ream." Did you have any inkling that song was going to blow up like it has?
Chris: Oh, absolutely. They played a demo for us long before Darren [Criss] had been cast and I got chills the first time I heard it. That is one of the best songs we’ve ever done and I was so excited for everyone to see it. I knew it would be huge, I listen to it almost every day." Read the rest of this interview over at NY Post


Source: NY Post

No comments:

Post a Comment