Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: Daniel Gillies talks Elijah and much more with EW.

I'm so happy that Daniel Gillies has finally been interviewed!
Image Credit: Quantrell Colbert/TheCW

"ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: All you really knew about Elijah when you auditioned was that he was an older vampire and incredibly dangerous. What did you bring to the character?
DANIEL GILLIES: I didn’t want him to sound like an American. I remember thinking, I know that this guy’s been living in the States for a couple hundred years, but he’s probably somebody who travels to Europe frequently, probably speaks 10 or 12 languages, including some extinct languages. I wanted him to sound a little bit like Kelsey Grammer [laughs], if that makes any sense. I wanted him to sound like old money from the United States, because I also thought that it lent a weight and, dare I say, dignity to his character, without being too foppish or overly gentrified. I thought there would be a danger in him the more elegant he was. I didn’t see him as a grimacing, arch, mustache-twirling guy ever. I think that’s how some people might have seen him, and I think that was a mistake. I always liked those men who didn’t really do terribly much, but did an enormous amount of damage. He’s much more economical than most. I like the idea that he had economy of movement, of words, of action, of everything." Read the rest of this interview over at EW

Source: EW
Credit: TheCW 

1 comment:

  1. Elijah iz sooooooooo fucking sexyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!:):P

    ReplyDelete